Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

I want a Dora cake, with chocolate wheels...

Today was the Princess' birthday.   She has worked out what birthdays are all about - presents and cake - and put in her cake order early (on Little Soldier's birthday in January).  A Dora cake with chocolate wheels was in order.  To explain, Little Soldier's cake was a Thomas the Tank Engine with chocolate covered biscuits as the wheels, which were obviously a hit with the Princess.  So this afternoon I stretched my limited drawing skills to the limit and came up with this...
I found the picture on the Nickjr website here and belatedly thought when I was about to add Dora's eyes that it would have been much easier and more accurate to roll out fondant icing in the appropriate colour, trace the necessary shape onto it, cut it out and put it all together like a jigsaw.  Then I would only have to pipe on the black outline.  Next time...
It is beautiful here at the moment, a very cold 2℃ at night but fine and mid-20s during the day.  Just look how lovely it is...

I took these as Little Soldier and his cousin played in the river.  And then I made a conscious effort to put my phone away and enjoy the sunshine and their delightful little boy play (mainly chucking things into the water).   And a pair of dolphins came past - I'm glad I had stopped fiddling with my phone!
I haven't been getting to my WIPs at the moment as I just don't have the time but hopefully I will get to them over the weekend and get a couple of late baby gifts off of my conscience. And the I can get started on this
 which came from this

Slight problem in that the pattern is in French, but I'm sure I figure something out!

Have a lovely weekend! x

2 comments: